St. Louis, Mo., August 15, 2012 – The Better
Business Bureau (BBB) Serving Eastern Missouri and Southern Illinois will present TORCH Awards
to 11 businesses and two charities and Student of Ethics awards to three students at a luncheon Friday, Nov. 2, at the Chase Park Plaza in St. Louis.
“This year’s TORCH Award winners are true shining examples of service and commitment, not only to their customers but to their employees and the community as well,” said Joanie Taylor, BBB board chair and director of consumer affairs and community relations at Schnuck Markets, Inc. “Their exceptionally high standards inspire us all to bring our own personal best to the marketplace each and every day.”
The top award will go to Kevin J. Hunt, president and chief executive of Ralcorp Holdings Corp.
of St. Louis., in recognition of his company’s commitment to exceptional customer service and ethical business practices. Last year’s top recipient, Derek Glanvill, corporate president of McCarthy Building Cos. Inc.
of Rock Hill, Mo., will present the award to Hunt. KMOV News Anchor Jasmine Huda will emcee the event.
Ten other companies and two nonprofits will be recognized for their commitments to business ethics and customer satisfaction:
- Arrowhead Building Supply Inc., St. Peters.
- Brown Germann Enterprises Inc., dba Shred-It, Hazelwood.
- Design Aire Inc., Bridgeton.
- GMF Inc., dba Foundation Recovery Systems, Moberly, Mo.
- Jeffco Guttering Co., Fenton.
- Overhead Door Co. of St. Louis, Maryland Heights.
- Miriam Foundation, Webster Groves.
- Performance Plumbing Inc., O’Fallon, Mo.
- StoneTrends LLC, Chesterfield.
- Streib Electric Co., St. Louis County.
- The Mission Continues, St. Louis.
- Woods Basement Systems Inc., Collinsville, Ill.
Businesses are evaluated for their commitment to customer service through exceptional standards for ethical business practices. The awards committee, made up of previous winners, looks at how the company benefits customers, employees and the larger community. They also must meet BBB ethical, advertising and selling standards.
Companies and charities may nominate themselves, or they may be nominated by customers or other businesses.
The BBB presents winners with a crystal trophy that they can display. They may promote their status in advertising, marketing and on their websites.
Three high school students will receive Student of Ethics
awards of $2,500 each to be applied toward college expenses. They were selected from 271 students who submitted essays, transcripts and recommendations. The winners are:
- Melina Delkic, Oakville Senior High School, St. Louis County, Mo.
- Nathaniel Robert Leingang, Columbia High School, Columbia, Ill.
- Jacqueline Mueller, Seckman High School, Imperial, Mo.
The noon event is in the Khorassan Room at the Chase Park Plaza. Tickets for the luncheon are available at $50 a person, or $500 for a table of 10. Patron tables for 10 are available for $1,500. To reserve a table or a seat at the event, please call 314-645-0606 or send email to email@example.com
. Or try our new online registration.Contacts:
Michelle Corey, President & CEO, 314-584-6800, firstname.lastname@example.org
, or Chris Thetford, Vice President-Communications, 314-584-6743 or 314-681-4719 (cell), email@example.com