The 2013 TORCH Awards have now been awarded. Watch this page later for details on how to apply for the 2014 awards.
St. Louis BBB TORCH awards recognize companies and charities that are committed to exceptional standards for ethical business practices and service to their customers, employees, suppliers, and communities.
We look for businesses and nonprofits that others will want to emulate. Nominees must show creativity in their ability to manage customer expectations, provide excellent customer service and resolve disputes. They must demonstrate the ways they inspire their workforce to adopt and communicate their ethics and further their mission. They must embody truth in advertising and help foster ethics within their industry and community.
Customers can nominate potential winners. Companies and charities also may nominate themselves. Winners will be chosen by a panel comprising past TORCH Award winners.
Benefits for winners include:
- Winners’ names will be used in promotions for the 2013 TORCH Awards event at the Chase Park Plaza.
- Winners will be recognized at the event. They will receive a personalized crystal trophy that can be displayed in their offices.
- After the event, winners will receive a TORCH Award logo and details on how they can promote their status as a winner in advertising, marketing and Web sites.
- Being named a BBB TORCH Award winner may add to an organization’s reputation and prestige, confirming the confidence placed in it by its stakeholders.
- Potential for promotion on BBB home page with paid placement of photo representing the winner's company.
To be considered, an organization must submit by May 1, 2013, a TORCH Award nomination form, along with all supporting documents listed on the form. If you have any questions, please contact the BBB at: email@example.com, or 314-645-3300.
For a list of previous winners, click here.